GIVE AN HOUR. GIVE A SATURDAY. GIVE YOUR BEST.
The Greater Longview United Way is working to advance the common good by focusing on education, income, and health: the building blocks for a good life. But we can't do it alone. We need the heads, hands, and hearts of committed people like you to help us. We all have special talents, things we can do to help. From helping in our fundraising campaign to providing free tax preparation, GLUW has the volunteer opportunity that is right for you and your company.
Benefits of volunteering.
Whether it is important to you to solve a community problem, advance a worthy cause, or develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise.
Volunteering can help you:
- Make important networking contacts
- Learn or develop skills
- Teach your skills to others
- Enhance your résumé
- Gain work experience
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve your health
- Meet new people
- Feel needed and valued
- Express gratitude for the help you may have received in the past from an organization
- Communicate to others that you are ambitious, enthusiastic, and care about the community
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Improves the likelihood that children will volunteer as an adult
Put your talents together to work for your community. Volunteer!