Emerging Leaders represent a new generation of leaders committed to making a difference in their community by leveraging the power of United Way to connect, serve and grow — both personally and professionally.
This program is for community minded professionals who would like to give, advocate, and volunteer in their community with the United Way.
- The Emerging Leaders Society empowers young professional leaders in the Greater Longview United Way’s service area to give, advocate, and volunteer.
- Networking: Network and form new partnerships with area businesses and community leaders around civic engagement.
- Learning and leading: Learn about local issues, leadership, and professional development.
- Volunteering: Volunteer with service projects that improve neighborhoods and strengthen our community.
- Supporting: Support programs related to GLUW's work in education, income, health and housing.
Being an Emerging Leader
- Connects you with your peers across sectors
- Introduces you to diverse leaders and unique development experiences
- Offers you a variety of ways to make a significant impact in our community
- Special recognition at the annual campaign kick off
- Learn about how the Greater Longview United Way advocates for people in our community across the focus areas of health, income, and education.
Requirements to Join
- Be under the age of 45
- Work in the Greater Longview United Way service area (Gregg, Harrison Counties)
- Have a passion for and desire to serve, give, and advocate
- Donate $250 or more to the Greater Longview United Way’s annual campaign. You can give online or throughout your company’s United Way campaign/ payroll deduction.
- Volunteer 10 hours of your time annually at United Way-led events.
- Join a workplace presentation
- Attend an impact tour
- Attend a Greater Longview United Way event/fundraiser
- Being an ambassador for the Greater Longview United Way
- Volunteer/Outreach/Mixer Events with leaders from the Greater Longview United Way Area
- Meet, network, and learn from people in different disciplines and sectors of the Greater Longview area
- Special Emerging Leaders Day of Action work team
- Learn more about the critical needs, issues and opportunities in our community
- Work together with other like minded individuals to unite the caring power of our community
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Evan Dolive at firstname.lastname@example.org or 903-758-0191.